BENEFITS OF SLIM SECRETS BARS
Not only do the Slim Secrets bars taste like a decadent treat and provide you with solutions to your snacking dilemmas, but they also have many added benefits.
A study by researchers in Australia, found that eating high-protein, low-carb snack bars between meals can successfully take the edge off the appetites of overweight women so that they eat less during lunch and dinner. The study found that women who ate the high-protein, low-carb snack bars, ate 5 percent fewer kilojoules (mostly as carbohydrates) during regular meals as a result. They also lowered their blood glucose and insulin profiles significantly (by 14 percent and 12 percent respectively).
The Mintabolism Boost bar packs a punch with green tea extract (concentrated tea) which contains antioxidants that come from polyphenols in the tea.
Our Craving-Crusher contains NeOpuntia®, an antioxidant combination of both soluble and insoluble fibre that is naturally derived from cacti (the beautifully named Prickly Pear Cactus!). The compounds from the cacti act like a magnet and bind with fats in the intestinal tract to reduce the amount of fat the body absorbs. It goes through your stomach and acts like a sponge, mopping up fats and oils so you just excrete them. Best of all, it’s totally natural. This is the most exciting of all the ingredients!
Green tea extract contains polyphenols and has been shown to stimulate fat oxidation, boosting the metabolic rate without increasing the heart rate. Green tea extract also regulates your body’s temperature, tempers blood sugar levels and aids the digestion process.
Studies have shown that green tea may help raise metabolic rates and speed up fat oxidation. Green tea is also a powerful antioxidant known to help reduce risk the risk of diseases such as cancer, heart disease and high blood pressure. It's also shown to help maintain a healthy digestive tract.
Benefits of Slim Secrets Bars include:
- Contains Soy protein: which is
- High in fibre
- High in protein
- Low in saturated fat
- A good source of omega-3 fatty acids
- High in phytoestrogens.
- The suggested health benefits of whole soy foods include:
- Lowered blood pressure
- Soybeans are thought to be of some health benefit to menopausal women. Soybeans contain hormone-like substances called phytoestrogens ('phyto' means plant). More research is needed, but soybeans seem to offer promise in helping some women to manage menopausal hot flushes.
- Improvements to blood vessels, such as greater elasticity of artery walls
- Reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Protection against various cancers, including those of the breast, colon, prostate and skin
- Management of endometriosis
- Soybeans have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels as well as lipoproteins, both known risk factors for heart disease
- Are Low Glycemic
Low glycemic foods are essential for lifelong health and can help you:
- Lose weight: GI reflects the rate at which sugar is released into the bloodstream and the slower this occurs, the better. Foods with a low GI are digested slower and therefore leave you 'fuller' longer
- Reduce your risk of heart disease
- Improve your athletic performance
- Manage diabetes
- Achieve optimum health
- Control blood glucose levels
- Tackle syndrome X
- Are High fibre
Keeps the digestive system healthy.
Eating a diet low in fibre can contribute to many disorders, including:
- Constipation - small, hard and dry faecal matter that is difficult to pass
- Haemorrhoids - varicose veins of the anus
- Diverticulitis - small hernias of the digestive tract caused by long term constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome - pain, flatulence and bloating of the abdomen
- Overweight and obesity - carrying too much body fat. In many cases, people who are overweight or obese have been shown to lose significant amounts of excess body fat simply by increasing the amount of dietary fibre, especially soluble fibre, in their daily diet Fibrous foods are often bulky and, therefore, filling. They also tend to be low in fat
- Coronary heart disease - a narrowing of the arteries due to fatty deposits.
- Diabetes - a condition characterised by too much glucose in the blood.
- Colon cancer - cancer of the large intestine
- Are lower in fat than most other chocolate bars
There is strong evidence that the high levels of fat consumed by most Australians are a major risk factor for conditions like gallbladder disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Furthermore, high levels of saturated fats, which are found in animal fats, high-fat dairy foods, tropical oils, and hydrogenated (solidified) vegetable oils, raise your cholesterol level and promote heart disease and strokes.
The benefits of a low fat diet not only include better health as shown here but also the added benefit of potential weight loss if combined with other positive actions such as exercise.
- Wheat free
Many people today are being diagnosed as having an allergy to wheat protein. Slim Secrets bars are wheat free for this reason (except Craving-Crusher, which contains wheat).