Welcome to secrets news
Let me fill you in on a little secret...
10 Habits That Mess Up a Woman's Diet
Among the many books released recently in the US comes 10 Habits That Mess Up a Woman's Diet by Elizabeth Somer, M.A., RD (see link for the book in the right column).
This book isn't so much a prescriptive diet book, but a book that addresses the reasons why so many weight loss efforts fail.
So what are some of the habits and tips?
- Nibbling off a friend's plate, taste-testing, and finishing off the kids' leftovers can undermine the best intentions to lose weight. Learn tricks for ending this habit!
- To stop letting others make our food choices, from hefty portion sizes at restaurants to pressure from family members to "just have one more bite".
- Most women think they're eating more vegetables and fewer calories than they really are. Be completely honest about how much you're eating and how often you exercise.
- One little diet trick could be all it takes to drop weight and dramatically improve your diet and health (Eat more fruits and vegetables).
- Happy Hour could be packing on the pounds. Drinks like margarita and even diet sodas can add more calories than you'd get in a double cheeseburger or slice of pizza. Learn how to socialize yet keep your waistline in tact.
- Being "on" or "off" a diet or feasting on "good" or "bad" foods is an all-or-nothing mentality that leads from abstinence to binge. Learn how to make simple changes for long-term results.
- Most fad diets, from food combining and fat-free to low-carb, don't work long-term and the one little habit that could help you lose weight for good (Having a specific plan).
- All those excuses for not losing weight (I only eat vegetables, or I don't eat any more than my thin friends or I have a thyroid problem) or exercising more (I have a sore knee or I've tried everything and nothing works) are interfering with your life! Learn how to overcome excuses and reach your goals.
- Women eat to soothe emotions. Learn how to satisfy your emotional hunger without food.
- It's easy to feel jaded by the plethora of weight loss advice hitting the shelves - but it seems to me that author Elizabeth Somer knows exactly what she is talking about.
- These are not gimmick ideas but real reasons why so many of our efforts at fat loss become derailed... and they are not just for women either.
Be safe and have fun.
Be Active and Add Years to Your Life!
Want to add up to a year and a half to your life? Easy. Just get a moderate amount of exercise: Walk for 30 minutes, five times per week. Or add up to three and a half years by kicking it up a notch and running for 30 minutes, five times per week.
We all have heard time and again how exercising lowers risk of disease, improves quality of life and helps battle the bulge. Now we know, in concrete terms, that regular exercise increases lifespan, according to a study published this month in the Archives of Internal Medicine.
Five thousand middle-aged and elderly Americans (men and women) were included in the study, and researchers found that those who had moderate to high levels of activity lived longer than inactive folks, mainly because they put off developing heart disease -- the nation's leading killer.
Read more secrets from Sharon's Blog.
24-hour weightloss support groups at eDiets.com
Slim Secrets Morning Rev-Up!
One of the first bars of its kind to contain real coffee beans! High in fibre and rich in protein, it will leave you satisfied for longer, without the fall in blood sugar levels and feeling of hunger in a short time.
Need something to fill the mid morning gap? If you crave coffee and sweets and you need a boost, here's a secret weapon to get you going.
More information on Slim Secrets Morning Rev-Up!
Slim Secrets Afternoon Snack-Attack!
A choc caramel and nut decadent snack that you will think is too good to be true. High in protein and only 3.9g of fat per bar, it will provide consumers with a great snack to keep them going till dinner. May even help prevent overeating at meal times.
Feel an afternoon feeding frenzy coming on? If the day has worn you out and you need a bit of a pick-me-up, here's a secret weapon to keep you going.
More information on Slim Secrets Afternoon Snack-Attack!
Slim Secrets Night Time Binge - Buster!
A delicious blueberry and raspberry bar, made from real snap frozen fruit, drizzled with smooth white chocolate that melts in your mouth. High in protein and 3.12g of fibre per bar, this mouth-watering bar will give you an increased feeling of fullness and satisfaction. Wheat free and low GI carbohydrates mean you'll stay healthy without staying hungry through the night.
Often suffer from the nighttime nibbles? If you're craving something sweet after dinner and don't want to sabotage your health goals, here's a secret weapon to get you through.
More information on Slim Secrets Night Time Binge - Buster!